8 Unbelievable Things You Probably Didn’t Know About Pomegranate Juice – Benefits For Overall Wellness…
If you enjoy eating fresh and dried pomegranates, you’ll definitely enjoy consuming pomegranate juice, too; it’s refreshing and loaded with a wide variety of nutrients that can improve your health.
A lot of people who drink pomegranate juice also claim that they like it because it’s quite versatile; it can be mixed with other juices and even liqueur for yummy and visually appealing spritzers which are great to consume during scorching hot weather days.
But exactly how good it is for the body, you probably don’t know, so here are eight unbelievable things you perhaps never knew about pomegranate juice.
Alternatively click here for more Juice recipes you make make at home by Juicing Expert Drew Canole.
1. It can whiten skin!
Drinking it and infusing your facial mist with pomegranate juice benefits unevenly toned skin.
In fact, a lot of body washes, skin serums, body butters, and lotions these days have pomegranate as a featured ingredient, and these products are perfect for active people who are frequently exposed to the sun because the components of pomegranate like vitamins A, C and E strengthen skin to prevent discoloration and damage.
2. While pomegranate juice can be sweet, it does not elevate the blood sugar like other fruit juices do, so it’s perfect for people with diabetes and high blood sugar.
3. It’s a great beverage for people at high risk of developing heart diseases, osteoarthritis, and breast and prostate cancers because it contains the antioxidants anthocyanins, ellagic and gallic acids and quercetin.
Pomegranate juice can definitely boost the effects of workouts designed to prevent cardiovascular problems.
4. It has anti-aging properties, and not just for the skin (although definitely there’s an abundance of anti-aging products in the market that use pomegranate juice in their formula). Since pomegranate has ellagic acid, antioxidants, and punicic acid (which is an omega-5 polyunsaturated fatty acid), the juice can contribute greatly to cell regeneration and proliferation all over the body. It’s a highly recommended post-workout drink because it can help heal worn and torn tissues.
5. It can treat ulcers (which people who are trying to lose weight often develop due to irregular food intake and unhealthy diet) and diarrhea.
6. It can help dissolve kidney stones.
7. Pomegranate juice can be consumed frequently and regular consumption is known to boost the body’s immune system because the juice has both anti-microbial and anti-bacteria components. Out of all fruit juices, pomegranate juice is believed to have the highest potential in inhibiting the transmission of HIV.
8. Studies also reveal that regular intake of pomegranate juice can actually delay the onset of Alzheimer’s disease.